The journey of parenting is an unpredictable one. From having your baby dip its little toes into a sauce to being proud of how much your kid resembles you, the complexity of parenting is hard to put into words. But some people manage to take photos that capture its essence quite well.
Bright Side is now leaving you with some pics that perfectly illustrate the roller-coaster ride of being a parent.
1. “My daughter insists on wearing my socks, but only the ones that have her face all over them.”
2. “Found him like this earlier this morning. Poor little legs are deflated.”
3. “First time seeing our beautiful baby boy — I think he was as shocked as we were.”
4. “I love that anytime I’m nearby she has to have some kind of contact with me.”
5. “Had a big chuckle at this photo my wife snapped of our 3.5-week-old daughter and me during our match.”
6. “My little girl tasted the rainbow and it didn’t go over well.”
7. “Our daughter recently turned one year old. I had to give my wife credit where credit was due.”
8. “Cooking with a baby, a short story…”
9. “I canceled a call mid-presentation because my 9-year-old told me the water was running all over her bathroom floor.”
10. “Me at home with my 3 kids all weekend”
11. “They would all scream for food at once so this is the best thing I came up with to do 3 bottles simultaneously.”
12. “My son thought it would be funny to put his toy in front of the baby monitor.”
13. “When your little one isn’t the little one anymore”
14. “How my wife dressed our daughter the day after the teachers told her we should be dressing her more like a girl”
15. “Kids are so funny, man. Drop off vs pick up…”
16. “My daughter when I’m working in the basement”
17. “My twins turned 2 today. I guess they’re not as stoked about the milestone as mom and I are.”
18. “My wife recently took this photo of my daughter and me sleeping the same exact way. No DNA test needed.”
19. “My little man had some spaghetti and almost went comatose.”
What were you like as a kid? Are there any photos from your own childhood that would be a nice addition to this article? Go to the comments where all the fun happens and share your stories and pics.